Talent Acquisition Manager
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Positive Attitude. You approach your work and the tasks at hand in an optimistic way and you’re enthusiastic about improvement.
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way.
- Culture Builder. You own your intent and your impact. You show up for your work and for your colleagues with the same level of commitment to make Fresh Prep a great place to work.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Able to engage in deep and meaningful work. You are able to prioritize and eliminate distraction to stay focused and on track with your work.
- Resilient. You have a strong sense of self-awareness and are open to broadening your toolkit to set yourself up for success in managing competing priorities and regulating the way you manage stress and frustrations.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partner with hiring managers to clearly define hiring requirements and participate in the resource planning process to determine required roles to match the company’s growth stage.
- Partner with hiring managers to recruit for open roles but also proactively build and maintain talent pipelines for critical skill areas through various sourcing efforts.
- Develop and manage strategy for hourly production hiring in BC and Alberta with the support of junior recruiters on the team
- Develop job descriptions in conjunction with hiring managers, screen and short-list candidates and schedule interviews.
- Conduct in-depth interviews of candidates with hiring managers, ensuring candidates have the required skills, experience, behavioural attributes, and add to Fresh Prep’s culture.
- Develop a recruitment strategy with diversity, equity, and inclusion at its heart to ensure Fresh Prep’s success in building inclusive teams
- Work with the Director of People & Culture to determine appropriate salary ranges and total compensation packages and negotiate compensation with candidates.
- Complete and present offer letters to selected candidates.
- Coordinate seamless on-boarding of new hires and ensure hiring managers establish proper new hire training plans.
- Develop innovative, scalable recruitment strategies and processes that keep pace with business growth.
- Establish an effective campus recruitment program for co-op students and new graduates
- Create a monthly metrics and analytics recruitment dashboard and ensure the hiring managers are kept informed and up-to-date of progress made on open roles.
- Implement new recruitment HR processes and/or fine tune current processes to align with best practice.
- Identify relevant industry events to promote organizational branding relating to People & Culture and help us be positioned as an Employer of Choice
What We Are Looking For
The Talent Acquisition Manager will leverage their deep expertise in talent acquisition and partnership abilities to source, engage, interview, and hire the best talent in the industry. Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, the Talent Acquisition Manager will support Fresh Prep’s continued growth by leading our talent acquisition strategy, process, and performance on both the hourly production side as well as the salaried side. As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you’ll be part of a dedicated team, shape the full cycle recruitment flow, and work across every department in the company.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a Talent Acquisition role
- 3+ years experience managing a team of Talent Acquisition / Recruitment professionals
- Experience with a high growth and complex changing work environment
- Significant experience in all aspects of full-cycle recruitment in a high growth environment.
- Strong communication and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrated success maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with team members using exceptional influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to provide exceptional teamwork in order to fully support internal teams.
- Great attitude, personable, courteous and a great team player.
- Can-do, positive, practical and proactive attitude, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada