Junior UI/UX Designer
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in our production facilities in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
Who You Are
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team. Do others enjoy working with you?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You have the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take initiative to make continual process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable to your deliverables.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create and show solutions – Including prototypes, mockups, and other visual designs and user flows using tools such as Figma, Photoshop/Illustrator, Balsamiq
- Communicate clearly – Present your work to Product Team, UI Developers, and Stakeholders explaining your rationale and vision
- Follow and validate standards – Prepare and maintain UI style guides, visual strategies, page layouts, processes, icons, and colour palettes using component library files
- Analyze and Improve – Work with and improve the user experience offered by providing wireframes and storyboards for UX improvements
- Produce pixel-perfect design specifications for user interface elements and user experience processes that are validated through research and testing
- Utilize data from end-user feedback, google analytics, business requirements, technical considerations and context experts to deliver a user experience that surpasses expectations
- Work closely with software engineers to ensure your designs are implemented and functionally complete to a high standard of polish and assist with usability testing
- Working with an interdisciplinary team of developers and collaborating with brand team to create novel designs and solutions
- Interpreting insights from end-user feedback and designing with the business in mind while still being innovative and delightful
- You will be responsible for the Project Management and completion of paperwork including, status reports, timesheets, and required documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- Proven and demonstrable experience as a creative visual designer working on user experience problems and UI design for interactive digital experiences
- Experience in tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD or other design software application
- Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS and/or ReactJS
- Attention to detail and understanding of what makes a good interactive experience for the end user
- Experience creating low/mid/high fidelity interactive prototypes
- Proven communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate a problem space with verbal, written, and presentation skills to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Experience working alongside an agile environment focusing on an iterative approach and working with Product Owners and Developers
- Experience user testing, usability testing, and working with user acceptance criteria and excellent proofreading skills
- Open to collaboration and ability to incorporate constructive feedback
- Experience in landing page design an asset
- A/B testing tools usage an asset
What you Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada