Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Positive Attitude. You approach your work and the tasks at hand in an optimistic way and you’re enthusiastic about improvement.
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way.
- Culture Builder. You own your intent and your impact. You show up for your work and for your colleagues with the same level of commitment to make Fresh Prep a great place to work.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Able to engage in deep and meaningful work. You are able to prioritize and eliminate distraction to stay focused and on track with your work.
- Resilient. You have a strong sense of self-awareness and are open to broadening your toolkit to set yourself up for success in managing competing priorities and regulating the way you manage stress and frustrations.
What You'll Be Doing
You will be responsible for supervising a variety of teams, which includes ingredient portioning and meal kit assembly.
As a People Leader, you will:
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined
- Make sure performance expectations are well understood and adhered to
- Mentor Lead Hands, Runners and Production Associates
- Ensure effective training programs are in place
- Manage employee feedback constructively
- You will be accountable for budget and KPI alignment for associated production departments. You will also determine and facilitate initiatives to improve year over year budget and KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for the planning of production activities, including labour scheduling, ingredient and packaging materials availability, process improvement projects and contingency planning.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOP’s and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are proficient in using excel
- You are passionate about cleanliness and organization of production facilities.
What We Are Looking For
- 3 years of experience supervising productivity, efficiency, and process improvement in a food manufacturing plant setting is required.
- 2 years experience grooming direct reports, promoting key players, and conducting employee performance management is required.
- 2 years experience liaising with purchasing, production, quality assurance and human resource departments is required.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- Automated processing, production and/or packaging line experience preferred.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada