Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong Communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing:
You will be responsible for managing a warehouse team, which includes a variety of positions such as: Supervisors, Inventory Control, Leads, Receivers, Material Handlers, Forklift Drivers and Drivers.
As a People Leader, you will:
- Define what roles and responsibilities are needed
- Make sure the team is being held accountable for work performance
- Put in place a succession plan for the Warehouse team
- Be responsible for ensuring training and development is in place
- Proactively ensure that there is high employee engagement
- Key lead on setting plans to improve Budget and KPI target performance
- Fully accountable for the quality, on time and in full performance of making goods available to production team as required
- Ensures the warehouse management system is providing accurate information and is leveraged to improve transparency of inventory, minimize inventory holding needs, reduce shrinkage and that proper inventory rotation (FIFO) is effectively performed
- Forecasts volume, storage and labour needs and sets plans in motion accordingly
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized warehouse environment
- Constantly looks for ways to improve warehouse efficiencies and service levels
What We Are Looking For
- 5 years experience supervising and managing a warehouse operation is required
- 5 years of WMS, MRP and/or ERP experience is required
- 2 years experience grooming direct reports, promoting key players, and conducting employee performance management is required
- 2 years experience liaising with purchasing, production, quality assurance and human resource departments is required
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada