Cleaning Facility Supervisor
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Able to engage in deep and meaningful work. You are able to prioritize and eliminate distraction to stay focused and on track with your work.
- Resilient. You have a strong sense of self-awareness and are open to broadening your toolkit to set yourself up for success in managing competing priorities and regulating the way you manage stress and frustrations.
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for the Cleaning Facility and Janitorial department, which consists of 30+ hourly staff.
- You will be a key player in leading a diverse team that restores cleanliness of reusable cooler bags, ice packs and food containers
- As a People Leader, you have a strong knack at boosting employee morale; ensure performance expectations are well understood and adhered to; provide effective training programs; and manage employee feedback constructively
- You are a mentor to your team, which includes Lead Hands, Runners, Dishwashers, Material Cleaners and Janitorial Staff
- You will be accountable for budget and KPI alignment for the department. You will also facilitate initiatives to improve year over year budget and KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for overseeing planning, including labour scheduling, material requests and contingency plans.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOPs and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, tidiness, and organization of the production facility.
What We Are Looking For
- High attention to detail in keeping work areas organized and efficient
- Be able to multi-task based on changing needs/priorities during the week
- Sense of urgency to keep up with volume surges
- Collaborative team player that is willing to help others and friendly in demeanor
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference
- Competitive pay, as well as the opportunity to participate in our RRSP Matching Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada