Dispatch Coordinator (Kelowna)
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is British Columbia’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will assign routes to drivers based on a specific day/area according to a weekly game plan and schedule, building on your knowledge each week.
- You’ll use your attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure your work is accurate.
- You will become a power user with Onfleet, our live dispatch application. You will be able to use it to meet timelines and strategic goals while keeping an eye on a suite of factors to keep things running efficiently.
- You will be a go-to person for our large fleet of drivers, providing support, addressing issues, and pivoting on the fly while communicating remotely via Slack.
- You’ll continuously monitor delivery efficiency and facilitate communication between drivers and customers where needed.
- You’ll be on call to assist at our local Okanagan facility on our delivery days, representing Fresh Prep and providing a friendly face for our team of local contract drivers.
What We Are Looking For
This individual brings their can-do attitude, helpful personality, and strong communication skills to a fast-paced role. They are tech-savvy - a quick learner with an affinity for learning new software tools. We are looking for someone who is a natural multi-tasker with a collaborative, positive approach to work and a focus on continually building on their skills. The successful candidate will be able to take ownership of the delivery expectations, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and relay critical information to applicable departments. A valid driver’s license and strong geographical knowledge of the Okanagan are assets.
- You have a college or university degree (preferred), or high school diploma and equivalent experience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communication is key for this role.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are able to prioritize tasks as per importance.
- You’re tech savvy with fair to good command of Google Suite, particularly spreadsheets, and Slack with an ability to quickly learn new software. You’re a strong, fast typist.
- You have a strong track record of delivering results in a challenging environment.
- You are confident in communicating clearly with diverse individuals while ensuring the message is received and understood.
- You have a positive, respectful attitude with good people skills.
- You are reliable and available to work a consistent Friday to Tuesday schedule at 40 hours per week.
- You have your own laptop you can use for work and a comfortable space to work from home.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home.
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kelowna, BC, Canada