Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Western Canada’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be a leader in our shipping department, ensuring the job gets done completely and correctly - from reviewing manifests and driver racks, to minimizing load times, to supervising palletizing for our satellite market shipments.
- You will keep the shipping team on-task, contributing toward KPIs including on-time in full and loading efficiency.
- You will create and foster relationships with our diverse workforce of contractor and full-time employee drivers. You’ll also onboard new drivers by showing them how we do things and getting them set up on our delivery app.
- You will maintain order and control in the warehouse space with safety and accessibility in mind - not only for the drivers, but for the other teams who use the space as well.
- You’ll communicate with key partners and stakeholders, contribute to reports, and track performance.
- You will be regularly lifting 20 - 30lb loads, and will spend at least 50% of your time standing and walking.
What We Are Looking For
The Shipping Supervisor is comfortable in a mid-level leadership role, keeping drivers on track while working toward goals defined by their manager. They stay calm in times of chaos and are able to work through challenges with an optimistic attitude. They flourish in a hectic work environment, are able to communicate clearly and professionally with a wide variety of people, and manage interpersonal conflict in a respectful and service-oriented manner.
- You have a two-year post-secondary diploma or better, or a high school diploma and equivalent experience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to communicate in a friendly and professional manner over email, phone, and in person.
- You’ve worked in a shipping/receiving or warehouse environment for at least 2 years.
- You’ve worked in a supervisory role for 1 year or more.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize tasks as per importance.
- You’re tech savvy with a good command of email, spreadsheets, and Slack with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- You have a positive, respectful attitude with good people skills.
- You are reliable and available to work a consistent Sunday to Wednesday schedule at 40 hours per week (4x 10 hour days). You’re able to commute daily to our HQ in Northeast Calgary.
- Due to our diverse roster of drivers, a second language is an asset, but is by no means required.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from our HQ located in Northeast Calgary.
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada