Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Positive Attitude. You approach work in a cheery and optimistic way.
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The key function of this role is to expedite the loading process for Fresh Prep’s Delivery department, ensuring that drivers are moving efficiently through the parkade and that their vehicles are loaded quickly. You will be responsible for:
- Confirming racks that have been order picked for drivers include all deliveries on their route
- Staging the checked rack at a specific stall within the parkade at Fresh Prep, along with any PPE (gloves, sanitizer, garbage bags, masks) we provide for delivery drivers
- Supporting drivers loading - ensuring idle time is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring only those drivers whose racks are confirmed and staged are entering the parkade
- Pallet building according to shipping manifests
- Keeping traffic moving through the parkade quickly, safely, and efficiently
What We Are Looking For:
- You can read and interpret Excel spreadsheets and Google Sheets
- You are confident communicating clearly with diverse individuals in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ability to implement new processes or strategies in Logistics
- You have the ability to talk to technical and non-technical individuals about your work
- You can comfortably lift 30 - 50lb when needed
- You’re able to be flexible with timing, staying until the job is done - end times may vary depending on a variety of factors
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week (after 90 days of successful employment) and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
- A 35 to 40-hour schedule (Saturday through Wednesday):
- Saturday 12pm - 6pm
- Sunday 10am - 6pm
- Monday 10am - 6pm
- Tuesday 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday 10am - 6pm
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada