Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
What We Are Looking For:
Fresh Prep is looking for an intermediate visual designer with exceptional skills and experience in designing for a range of digital touchpoints to expand the reach of our brand and to elevate its name on multiple channels and platforms.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent design repertoire and an exceptional eye for aesthetics -- a design rebel who thinks outside the box and aspires to answer every single design brief with bold and innovative solutions. We’re looking for a collaborative team player who is comfortable making guided decisions by asking questions and seeking for answers on their own at the drop of a project. The visual designer will report to our Art Director, and be a part of our growing brand team.
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. In addition to being recognized by Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and by the industry as BCorp Certified, Fresh Prep is focused on reducing carbon impact and committed to UN Sustainable Development Goals. Studies and research on environmentally friendly meal kits is underway and our growing team will be a critical support in this sustainability journey.
Who You Are:
- Detail-oriented. You have a flair for noticing the small things and always are the first one to flag small hidden errors. You use details to check yours and others’ work to make sure things are perfect before ‘clicking send’.
- Multi-tasking. You are a diplomatic and effective multi-tasker who can work between multiple parts of a fast-moving business. You are a natural problem solver who takes proactive steps to gather info and requirements from different sources, team members and departments.
- Design driven. Your portfolio possesses strong design fundamentals in typography with a deep focus in print design and production. You excel in communicating your design rationales and have an insatiable appetite for pushing your work further.
- Open-minded. You are open to constructive feedback but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You will champion new and unfamiliar processes and take ownership in improving the status quo believing you are an agent of change
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist the Art Director and fellow designers in translating design visions into forms through the execution of aesthetics, feel, and imagery that define the Fresh Prep brand and campaigns.
- Manage communication within the creative team and cross department teams to gather requirements of design deliverables to ensure the work is being developed to specs and on time throughout the project life cycle
- Assisting with the production of recipe cards and in-house packaging labels
- Design a variety of marketing collateral in varying formats and sizes for different channels including but not limited to digital ads, landing pages, OHH touchpoints, emails, print collaterals, etc.
- Mastering Asana as the primary project management software and staying on top of communication and self-project management using the platform
- Liaising with print suppliers and vendors in the production stage of projects
- Contribute input and perspectives on ways to improve existing processes to maximize team productivity and efficiency
- Proactively communicate, identify and resolve roadblocks with team and Art Director as they come up, working with a set of given constraints and resources in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- 5+ years work experience in a similar role.
- A portfolio of relevant design projects demonstrating experience in campaign creation and brand collateral.
- Portfolio needs to show a good command of the design language in the area of typography, layouts, illustrations and concept execution.
- Experience using Asana, Slack, Google suite as the lifeline of our business operations
- Extensive experience using Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, including programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of on-screen and pre-press art production for a variety of formats.
- Well versed in designing icons for UI and general communication purposes.
- Experience with the Unbounce platform in building landing pages.
- Experience working with a fast paced team environment and multi-level stakeholders to complete projects independently from start to finish
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing for both mediums would be a HUGE advantage!
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada