Do you have an investigative curiosity that uncovers creative and compelling stories? Do you ask the journalistic questions that drive meaningful conversations and make sense of technical topics?
With the incredible growth Genoa has experienced over the last several years, we are brimming with stories – are you the one to tell them? We are seeking a self-motivated storyteller to join our Communications and Marketing team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Content Writer, you will:
- Develop compelling content for internal and external channels, including but not limited to, blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, newsletter, Genoa’s intranet, and Genoa’s website
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop original content
- Work with innovation and technical managers to develop content that tells Genoa’s technical story
- Brainstorm and create outside-the-box concepts and bring them to life using the written word
- Work collaboratively with all Genoa’s departments, highlighting the untold stories across the business
- Audit Genoa’s current content, to make immediate improvements and strategic recommendations
- Proofread content
- Track and measure success of communications tools (social media, website, etc.) with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Conduct keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website
- Set work-back schedules, own timelines, and coordinate publishing/recording
- Keep a pulse on industry news and be always-on for storytelling inspiration
Support coordination of special projects within Communications and Marketing team
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism, creative writing, or related program
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience producing impactful content
- An ability to blend creative storytelling with concise functional messaging
- Ability to work independently and manage your own deliverables
- Adaptable to changing requirements, scope, and schedules
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, resourceful, and reliable
- Ability to conceptualize easily, learn quickly, and demonstrate initiative
- Experience developing and maintaining media contacts
- Comprehensive understanding and experience for social media tools
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Empowered with an investigative curiosity
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun, and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice and the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Ability to work at home and in the office during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada