Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Plans receipts of inventory in a manufacturing environment and manages corresponding physical inventory to optimize internal service levels
Job Role Objectives
- Responsible for MRP planning views of Material Master, Routing, Work Center, Production Versions and Bill of material changes for given operations in a Plant.
- Responsible for the management and release of Production order for these operations ensuring all are completed. Documents all issues in fresh serve as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining resource capacity, including downtime, ad-hoc downtime etc. Coordinates with DRP planner on challenges to meeting demands (capacity or component constraints).
- Schedules and re-schedules planned production orders.
- Monitors production vs planned orders performance.
- Helps identify process improvement, helps to identify issues in the operational inventory control procedure and is part of a team implementing process improvement activities.
- Monitors current and planned inventory levels for the assigned operations, ensure planned inventory aligns with stock holding policies.
- Supports NPI.
- Responsible for the inventory cycle counting for materials in the manufacturing environment.
- Create physical inventory document, enter in count and print inventory document. With separation of duties, audit considerations etc. the Production manager should approve counts etc.
- Reservation Management.
- Stages production materials.
- Review production plan, material availability and release production orders.
- Review and complete (Teco) production orders.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a Production or Inventory Planning environment, preferably within the CPG field.
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information/data and developing fact based conclusions.
- Able to solve problems using various analytical tools, including root cause analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated sense of energy/urgency and ability to learn on the fly.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization.
- High level Excel skills are required for this role.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects would be an asset.
- Must have previous working experience in an MPS role.
- Must have worked in a fully functioning ERP / MRP environment (Visual, JD Edwards, Oracle or SAP – is highly desired).
- Must understand the MPS detailed scheduling, planning and execution principals of a manufacturing setting.
- Inventory management understanding is key
- Safety stock planning is key to this role.
- Planned vs actual results analytics are required – measuring plan performance.
- Planning in a fast pace manufacturing environment must be understood.
- A solid understanding of the demand / supply balance is key (the position will not work in a Demand Planning capacity, but must understand the info coming over to supply and how it articulates through an MRP environment).
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This organization participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA