Production Supervisor - Liquid
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes care and makeup products and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is currently looking for a dynamic and committed candidate to fill the permanent full-time position of Production Supervisor, Liquid Packaging.
- Location: 9200 Chemin de la Côte-de-liesse, Dorval, QC.
- Semi-automated and manual packaging/packaging lines workshop.
- Unionized team of 25-35 people, including 3-4 team leaders depending on the time of year.
- Day shift from Monday to Friday, with a schedule of 7 am - 4 pm.
- Clean environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Supervise team employees to achieve production goals.You will also have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the health and safety of employees.
- Respecting the procedures of the Quality system as well as the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Minimizing production costs.
- Respecting the deadlines required by customers and the production schedule.
- Ensuring team harmony and productivity, training and problem solving.
- Prepare daily, the daily production plan (PDP) according to the production schedule and available resources.
- Act as a leader within the team to ensure that employees have clear expectations and the necessary resources to achieve their goals.
- As a production supervisor, interact in association with the Logistics, Control/Quality Assurance, or other Departments in case some coordination is required.
- Approve work orders and documentation before sending them to Quality Assurance.
- Measure team performance indicators, analyze gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Coach team leaders in the supervision of department staff (problem solving and disciplinary action).
- Manage performance management, vacations, training, and health & safety.
- Carry out performance improvement projects (equipment, processes, etc.).
- Ensure follow-up of current files, and objective achievements with your director.
WE WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- College or University training/education relevant to the job (in operations management, an asset).
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (industrial/manufacturing environment), with experience in managing unionized staff.
- Experience with packing/packaging lines and ability to fully understand the operation of production equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the Office Suite. Working with ease with computerized production/ERP systems (JD Edwards, an asset).
- Mastery of LEAN processes and philosophy (5S, SMED, pull systems, etc.) - an asset.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Dynamic, committed and oriented towards field-based actions and results.
- A structured and organized manager.
- Flexible, able to learn quickly and adapt to the unexpected.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Very skilled in his communications with others and demonstrates managerial courage in addressing discrepancies.
- Resourceful and autonomous.
- Excellent priority management.
The tasks and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 9200 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse, Dorval, QC H8T 1A2, Canada