Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes care and makeup products and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is currently looking for a dynamic and committed candidate to work as permanent full-time Production Engineer.
In collaboration with production supervisors as well as with the team of mechanics, he/she will be in charge of improving the efficiency and safety of production equipment through standardization activity, preventive maintenance and projects to design new parts and subsystems.
- Workplace: 9200 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Dorval, Quebec.
- Cosmetics production plant (e.g. creams for skin care, makeup removers, mascaras, makeup, etc.).
- Automated, semi-automated and manual packaging / packaging lines.
- Work with Engineering & Maintenance Supervisor, as well as 6 mechanics.
- Day shift (Monday to Friday).
- Clean environment.
- Flexible workshop constantly changing to cover the diverse needs of our customers and our wide range of products.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO:
- Manage all production data to ensure group leaders and operators have the data needed to work efficiently. For all products, especially new launches and promotions:
- Keep filling instructions up to date (volumes, torques, product constraints, etc.).
- Ensure BOM (Bill of Materials) and proceed with the required adjustments with the logistics team.
- Document packaging methodologies (line setup, rate, # of operators, etc.).
- On well documented and standardized operations basis, work on optimizing our production methods in order to increase quality and reduce costs.
- Design new format parts or equipment modifications.
- Coordinate the manufacture, testing and production of these parts.
- Participate in the production testing of new products.
- Manage equipment purchase projects.
- Perform technical purchases (specifications, purchase orders, etc.).
- Manage the equipment database of Groupe Marcelle.
- Document changes to equipment to meet Groupe Marcelle’s Quality System requirements.
- Write preventive maintenance instructions.
- Assist mechanics with breakdowns/repairs on production lines.
- Participate in various LEAN-type process and equipment improvement projects (5S, Kanban, etc.).
- Participate in the investigations of non-conformities in order to identify the causes and provide solutions.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Training relevant to the job:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technician with design experience.
- 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in parts design of parts, mechanical/pneumatic systems.
- Good technical drawing skills (AutoCAD and / or Solidworks).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the Office suite.
- Mastery of LEAN processes and philosophy (Kanban, “takt” time, pull system, etc.) - an asset.
AND YOU ARE:
- Bilingual (English, French).
- Dynamic, committed and action-oriented in the field.
- Structured and organized.
- Flexible, able to learn quickly and adapt to the unexpected.
- Very skilled in communications with others.
- Resourceful and autonomous.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 9200 Chem. de la Côte-de-Liesse, Dorval, QC H8T 1A1, Canada