Analyst, Category Management
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes care and makeup products and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
The Analyst, Category Management is responsible for implementing category management principles for Marketing and KAM teams. The position conducts comprehensive analysis and recommendations of category and brand performances. He/She is responsible for developing and maintaining brand planograms, oversee fixture and POP requirements, and effectively communicate brand positioning and strategy at retail. This role closely collaborates with marketing and sales.
- Workplace: working from home & 5600 Chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Conduct market/brand analysis by category to identify sales risk and opportunity and provide specific recommendations by using GMI and Nielsen sales data.
- Develop planograms with Brand Managers and Key Account Managers – ensuring accurate skus assortment and positioning, rationalizations, and new item entries within each respective category.
- Collaborate with space planners, manage space planning processes, and conduct post analysis to optimize wall performance and brand offering at retail.
- Responsible for quarterly, and annual scorecards to review category/brand performance versus budget, using internal sales, Nielsen, and general market data, and provide recommendations for growth.
- Support the internal planning process for Marketing and Key Accounts using data provided by multiple sources: vendors joint business plan projections, customer’s internal sales data, new store growth projections, overall category and/or customer growth, etc.
- Provide analysis on ad-hoc requests, brand/category reviews, to help validate new opportunity or sales risk, and to drive future action plans, working cross-functionally.
- Plan seasonal visual material update (POP) by communicating changes and needs to all stakeholders.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Strong CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) experience, and cosmetic industry experience a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an analytical role.
- Strong proficiency with Nielsen databases and data interpretation.
- Working Knowledge of space planning (JDA software).
- Knowledge of category management principles and SKU assortment/rationalization evaluation.
- Knowledge of trade channels (mass and drug).
- Strong Computer skills, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Fluent in French and English (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proactive and team player.
- Organized, adaptable and effective time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to fast-paced and changing environment.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5600 Chem. de la Côte-de-Liesse, Mont-Royal, QC H4T 4L1, Canada