Commercial Auto Underwriter
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
What you will do…
• Underwrite and service IRCA and fleet rated commercial/farm auto accounts.
• Manage commercial/farm auto risk control procedures and objectives.
• Provide management with product and service initiatives being implemented by our competitors.
• Use front-line knowledge of the marketplace to assist management in the development of products, pricing and services that support our corporate market positioning strategies.
• Influence the implementation of commercial/farm auto, fleet and garage programs.
• Enhance junior underwriter and support staff’s understanding and knowledge of commercial/farm auto risks. Participate in, or provide training and development initiatives to constantly enhance the quality of decision making.
• Maintain accountability for the selection and rating of fleet and garage auto insurance transactions such as new business, endorsements, cancellations etc.
• Working within the defined limits of authority, consistently provide high quality underwriting decisions. Identify positive and negative trends in submissions being received and communicate findings to management.
• Participate in the roll out of effective marketing and distribution initiatives. Work with management and other departments to effectively implement defined strategies for broker/agent development. Attend broker events and corporate functions as required.
What you will bring…
• Three years of experience in automobile underwriting.
• High attention to detail, sales oriented and provides exemplary customer service.
• A team player with great communication skills.
• Post-secondary education and working towards CIP designation.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is an asset.
• University degree and CIP designation or working towards it is preferred.
• Three years of experience as a commercial automobile underwriter is an asset.
What we offer…
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Job Family Commercial Underwriting
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada