What you will do…
• Perform research and data analysis on all information needs relating to all business segments of the company.
• Perform rate analysis, pricing indications and provides recommendations for product and pricing changes.
• Research and implement more advanced analytics tools and techniques for the company.
• Understand and effectively utilize Heartland’s policy admin and claims systems and their underlying data structures.
• Perform price competitive analysis.
• Works with FSCO to complete the regulated Auto Filings.
• A key contributor to the Product and Pricing Committee.
• Maintain all pricing algorithms of the company.
• Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
• Creation and maintenance of business intelligence tools and applications.
What you will bring…
• University degree (Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline).
• Successful completion of 4 to 6 exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society
• 2 years’ experience preferred in an actuarial/data analysis role, preferably with P&C insurance exposure or a significant educational background in a related discipline.
• High Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and Excel.
• A working knowledge of Emblem would be an asset.
• A good understanding of P&C pricing and ratemaking concepts.
• Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer…
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.