Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
The Accountant will support the Site Controller or designate in site related financial activities and reporting, including but not limited to below high-level activities:
• Assist in the analysis of the site's operating results, reviews of raw materials and various other operating expenses ensuring the accuracy of data and reports
• Generate weekly site variance reports and KPIs
• Preparation of Joint Venture activities and supporting documents and schedules
• Assist in creation, maintenance of BOMs and periodic review of BOMs to ensure accuracy and relevance
• Participate in physical inventory counts, assisting in review of physical adjustments and recounts as needed
• Perform financial and inventory audits as directed by Site Controller or designate and follow-up on investigation and resolution of discrepancies
• Follow-up and ensuring weekly physical cycle counts are performed, investigated, and reconciled as per policy
• Quarterly review of labour and overhead, STD cost of raw materials, other supplies and related PPV to identify and flag any unexpected variances
• Quarterly review of OPs run rates, headcount, identifying any changes and reporting to site and BOM Analyst for loaded costs in operating system
• Support in reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, direct and indirect labour, direct material and subcontract costs, and other overhead costs incurred
• Assist in site budgeting and rolling forecast as needed
• Assist in review of GL account transaction, identify issues, errors and suggest appropriate actions
• Assist in preparing and correcting journal entries and month-end close journals
• Assist in timely month-end and year-end close and reporting
• Support on various accounting and finance projects as required
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent finance degree; accounting designation (CPA, CMA or CGA) or working toward one is considered a strong asset.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Team player and excellent communicator.
• Proficiency on NAV, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• A keen learner and a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.