Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
We are currently seeking a Building Operator who will report to the Facilities Manager and Supervisor. The Building Operator will work closely with other Facilities staff to ensure the overall upkeep of our greenhouses, maintain production equipment, and ensure a safe work environment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and inspect as required mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to carbon dioxide supplementation systems, water treatment, boilers, air handling units, irrigation system, computerized environmental control systems, greenhouse and building envelope, etc., on daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs in order to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order;
- Participate in the development of a maintenance schedule and ensure preventative maintenance of equipment such as HVAC systems, production machinery and building components;
- Liaise with licensed service providers as required for specific maintenance or installation projects;
- Conduct workplace inspections to ensure all equipment and workspaces are safe and up to Code, identify and eliminate (whenever possible) Occupational Health and Safety risks.
- Professional diploma or technical degree pertaining to HVAC systems, mechanical maintenance or other related field with a few years’ relevant experience
- Certificate of Building Environmental Systems ‐ Operator Class One & Two or SMT or Stationary Engineer 4th/5th Class or equivalent
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Strong problem‐solving abilities
- Bilingualism is an asset
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 120 Chem. de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2, Canada