Manager, Heath, Safety and Environment
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE), the HSE Manager works with internal teams to continually improve the established policies and procedures for all aspects of health, safety and environmental issues.
· Assist in the development and management of HSE policies, procedures and/or programs for the designated facilities, in accordance with company objectives;
· Lead the risk management program and collaborate with departmental leads to ensure adequate controls are in place to manage identified risks;
· Lead the incident management, reporting and investigation program, including ensuring proper documentation of the incident in a timely fashion, investigating the incident, performing root cause analysis, stewarding the implementation of corrective actions and creating/sharing lessons learned;
· Develop HSE training program, including documentation of training records;
· Collect and analyze facility specific HSE performance data;
· Ensure continuous inspection of the equipment, processes and workplace to ensure compliance with government regulations, as well as corporate and industry standards;
· Liaise with CNESST for matters pertaining to HSE;
· Manage the emergency response program in close collaboration with other departments, including but not limited to Facilities and Security;
· Manage injury case management program in collaboration with HR as needed
· Support joint HSE committee and ensure HSE presence at these meetings;
· Supervise the facility HSE team to ensure objectives are met while fostering a positive workplace, maintaining employee motivation and encouraging professional development;
· Develop, execute, promote HSE initiatives, driving a positive, behaviour based HSE culture;
· Work closely with HSE Teams at other facilities, promoting continuous improvement, learning from one another and ensuring a consistent level of quality in all HEXO Corp locations;
· Complete all other related duties.
· Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental sciences or other related field;
· Minimum of 7 years experience in a management role with demonstrated leadership abilities;
· Extensive experience in the development, implementation and management of HSE management systems, particularly in risk management;
· Experience in a manufacturing or cannabis setting is considered a strong asset;
· Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or equivalent designation is an asset;
· Experience managing people;
· Strong understanding of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001;
· Auditing experience an asset;
· Strong knowledge of Quebec Occupational Health and Safety Act;
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Bilingualism is an important asset;
· Proven collaborative mentality;
· Availability for travel on occasion.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
- Pay Type Salary
- Masson-Angers, Gatineau, QC, Canada