Facilities & Building Specialist
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
We are currently seeking a Facilities & Building Specialist who will report to the Facilities Manager. The Facilities & Building Specialist will work closely with other Facilities staff to ensure the overall upkeep of our installations, maintain production equipment and ensure a safe work environment.
- Responding to various requests to repair or replace fixtures and/or equipment. This includes requests such as installing or moving furniture and equipment, drywall repair and painting, minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems;
- Participate in the development of a maintenance schedule and ensure preventative maintenance of equipment such as HVAC systems, production machinery and building components;
- Liaise with licensed service providers as required for specific maintenance or installation projects;
- Conduct workplace inspections to ensure all equipment and workspaces are safe and up to Code; Identify and eliminate (whenever possible),
- Occupational Health and Safety risks;
- Professional diploma or technical degree pertaining to HVAC systems, mechanical maintenance or other related field combined with a few years relevant experience
- Basic skills in carpentry, electricity and plumbing are major assets
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Bilingualism is an asset
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 120 Chemin de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2, Canada