Business Development Manager
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
The Business Development Manager will acquire and manage new Fortune 500 client relationships. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with large enterprise B2B sales and will bring skills related to strategic analysis and go to market strategies. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building the prospect funnel, forging solid relationships with potential partners, negotiating new contracts as well as managing the process through the implementation stage. This role will partner with internal stakeholders to ensure relationship and market growth and to gather key market data and competitive strategies. Contribution to revenue development and strategic business planning will be crucial.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify potential opportunities in the targeted markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective client or partner’s business and market needs.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients or partners, while maintaining and growing existing client relationships
- Partner with stakeholders to create contract-winning proposals for current and new opportunities
- Travel as required to deliver and facilitate presentations with prospective clients or partners
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Collaborate with product management, commercialization and engineering as well as production teams to ensure deliverables are executed on-time and as agreed
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes, and operations, and remain current on industry changes
- Participate in content marketing and messaging
- Manage internal cross-functional deliverables to keep projects moving forward
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Demonstrated achievement in enterprise B2B sales or negotiations; experience with Fortune 500 companies an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop creative solutions
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to see the strategic landscape
- Bilingual oral and written (French and English) is an asset
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
- Pay Type Salary