Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Join the HEXO team and make an impact with an innovative company that is leading the pack in an exciting, fast-paced industry. We are currently seeking a full time Payroll Analyst to join our team.
- Responsible for the processing of payroll for multiple companies in a timely and accurate manner
- Audit payroll/personnel records by entering changes in exemptions, garnishments and job classifications
- Creating and processing of ROES
- Maintains procedures to review and approve all hours submitted by Supervisors/Managers and address inquires regarding pay and time off policies
- Review payroll audit reports prior to transmission
- Review payroll registers for accuracy and transmits payroll files for each assigned pay group
- Creates and reconciles general ledger for each payroll run and submits to Finance
- Maintain attendance records including vacation and Personal Leaves
- Maintains payroll records in accordance with ESA
- Reconciles and balances year-end T4 & RL-1 processing to ensure accurate reporting of wages and taxes to employees and withholding tax authorities
- Maintain system changes including GL Account mapping, pay codes and time and attendance codes
- Maintains payroll deductions in relation to benefit program
- Assist with employee payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
- Assist in maintaining employee files
- Ensure accuracy of approved timesheets
- Maintain & deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, finance, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Ensure employee changes are entered correctly and occur in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified payroll practitioner (PCP) considered an asset
- 3-4 years of experience in payroll and
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce considered an asset
- Knowledge of payroll related legislative requirements including ESA compliance
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience working with timekeeping systems, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to prioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & oral)
- Bilingualism (French & English) is required
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kanata, Ottawa, ON, Canada