Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Join the team at HEXO Belleville’s Centre of Excellence! Our state of the art, technically savvy, and growing cannabis centric consumer product goods facility. Attractive to adventurous, highly motivated individuals seeking a Career not a job. An exciting opportunity for highly skilled and well-developed manufacturing and CPG professionals. Our team is focused on building out leadership competencies, developing supportive and industry leading programs that facilitate continuous learning and development.
HEXO offers a dynamic and collaborative teamwork environment focused on developing our staff, growing and scaling to meet the opportunity and privilege to be the # 1 cannabis producer in Canada.
Clean production working environment with state of the are technology, competitive wage and benefits, RRSP matching, 3 weeks vacation, 5 paid sick days and so much more fun!!
Currently hiring afternoon shift Hours: 2:30pm – 12:30am (10 hour shift) 4 X 10 Monday – Thursday
Shifts can’t be guaranteed; however we have been working this shift for a year and it has been very successful.
Day shift is 5:00am – 3:00pm. These positions may open up in the future, however we will offer the opportunity to afternoon crew first.
Starting Wage: $17.00 (Additional remuneration is evaluated based on skills & experience)
• Perform all duties according to SOP’s, GPP’s/GMP’s, Work Instructions and all other established safety standards and company policies
• Correctly complete all documentation as per SOP’s, GPP and GMP requirements
• Notify Supervisor, Team Leader or Operations Technologist in the event of a departure from procedure, product defect, safety incident or other serious problem
• Safely operate all required equipment and machinery including those used to manufacture, store, clean and transport production related assets and finished goods
• Execute applicable NAV transactions accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment while performing all job-related duties
• Issue maintenance notifications and prepare equipment for maintenance work orders as required
• May rotate between different processing rooms, work cells or departments during shift(s) on rotation and as required
• Following SOP, work instructions and work direction in specified work cells or departments as required and as assigned
• Support LEAN initiatives and participate in Kaizen events
• Execute line clearance and cleaning verification activities as per SOPs and established work instructions
• Perform product quality inspection, weight verification, labelling, packaging in a continuous running production line.
• Conduct in-process testing required in the manufacturing of product
• Effectively process production orders within specifications to meet department targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule adherence
• Complete production documentation accurately and timely
• Understand cycle time concepts and sources of unreliability to focus on critical areas of improvement
• Pick and prepare orders, conduct inventory control, safely, timely, accurately
• Support operations through sanitation procedures and SOP
• Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble manufacturing equipment according to established SOPs to ensure GPP/GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of department and productivity goals
Teamwork and Collaboration
1. Actively seeks and accepts positive and constructive feedback from colleagues and leadership
2. Works effectively with team members in support of team and department goals
3. Communicates effectively both verbally and written
4. Perform any related duties as assigned
5. Actively contributes in team meetings and other team-related activities
Job Job Requirements
• Minimum secondary school diploma or recognized equivalent, post secondary an asset
• Ability to lift 25lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to stand/walk for extended periods up to 3 hours or more
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment to include by not limited to: safety boots, safety googles, bump cap, production uniform, lab coat, surgical mask, surgical gloves,
• Previous manufacturing experience in Food/Pharmaceutical Industry is an asset
• Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills
• Working knowledge of Windows Operating System Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
• Able to work shift work: days, afternoons, evenings subject to change as business needs change
HEXO Corp is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in accordance with HEXO's Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) policy. If you require an accommodation, please contact the People@hexo.com to arrange suitable accommodation, which takes into account your accessibility needs.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Belleville, ON, Canada