Quality Specialist - Cultivation
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Reporting to a Quality Manager, the Quality Specialist - Cultivation will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and/or quality control systems for adult use cannabis in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Cannabis regulations. The Quality Specialist- Cultivation has specific responsibility for supporting the company’s cultivation activities and related functions including Quality Management, Production, Maintenance and Facilities departments.
· Performs QA/QC monitoring for all areas of cultivation and harvest to ensure compliance with Health Canada’s guidelines/regulations, including GPP and GMP by working with employees of different departments on the floor;
· Perform operational inspections and documenting the observations on the operational inspection control sheet.
· Performing quality inspections and quality checks at various stages of cannabis from seed to harvest and report the findings in control sheet.
Ensures compliance to process quality requirements through monitoring, documenting and collaboration with departments;
· Ensure implementation of the Preventive Control Program (HACCP), Critical Control Points, verification and corrective action procedures.
· Communicates non-compliances to respective department stakeholders in a timely fashion;
· Assists the cultivation team with QA/QC activities relative to their area;
· Performs laboratory functions such as coordinating sampling of product as required,
· Provides support for inspection/testing/analysis of cultivation raw materials;
· Participates in the investigation of problems or failures within the overall quality system, including root cause analysis, identifying corrective actions, ensuring corrective actions are completed and documenting deviations;
· As needed, supports document change control, complaints investigation and recall investigation;
· Liaises closely with colleagues and provides required QA/QC training/coaching for all areas of the facility;
· Monitors process control and QC data trends, reporting findings to quality team leads;
· Follows procedures efficiently and consistently in laboratory and production environment.
· Supports creation of Quality Assurance/Control Reports for management.
· Assists quality assurance/control requirements for cultivation R&D projects if needed.
· Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a technical discipline (e.g. Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences) required;
· Experience in Quality assurance in agriculture, greenhouse and/or cannabis industries;
· Experience with cannabis cultivation and quality requirements
· Bilingual an asset;
· Familiarity with Health Canada Cannabis Regulations is an asset;
· Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications;
· Detail oriented, self-directed in execution of tasks, strong critical thinking and leadership skills;
· Communication, Conflict Management, documentation and record keeping skills are an asset;
· Motivated team player with strong communication skills, attention to detail and a willingness to learn
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 120 Chem. de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2, Canada