Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada’s top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we’re looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
• Executes tools and machines used to manufacture products.
• Oversees and implements the development of new processes, methods, and production controls.
• Installs new equipment and ensures that it operates correctly; trains others to operate new machinery.
• Prepares operations manuals for new or existing equipment.
• Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes.
• Plan and design production area layouts.
• Research and/or study new machinery and production area layouts, recommending efficient combinations.
• Design, develop, implement, and troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing processes. Collect and compile operational data.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
• Create SOPs.
• Liaise with QA to obtain approval and train staff on work instructions to ensure repeatability
• Support decision-making by calculating production, labor and material costs.
• Develop preventative maintenance standards, schedules, and programs for new equipment.
• Conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct hazards upon recommendation from the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations and Quality assurance requirements.
• Take part in project planning and execution on manufacturing facility and equipment.
• Help develop the schedule and cost control for assigned projects.
- 10-15 Years of Exp as an Application Engineer.
- Registered as a P.Eng
- 5-10 Years of Exp in manufacturing.
- 5-10 Years of Management experience with team building.
- Formal Education in any one of Process, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering.
- Post-Graduate or Advanced training in Business Management or Finance.
- Experience in HAZOP studies or equivalent discipline.
- Accreditation in Lean Manufacturing Principals (5s, LSS, Kaizen Etc.)
- Very Creative, Solution Focused, Results Driven, Extremely Detail Oriented.
- Strong understanding of multivariable statistical analysis, with ability to implement these tools.
- Proven ‘Concept to Commission’ Design Experience.
- Experience with Process integration or Pinch Analysis Studies.
- Strong mentorship capabilities.
HEXO cultivates an inclusive and respectful workplace. This includes treating everyone with dignity and fairness, and maintaining a workplace that is free of harassment, discrimination, and violence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people from different backgrounds and capabilities. This diversity brings our organization a wealth of experience that builds a better team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring and selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- 120 Chem. de la Rive, Gatineau, QC J8M 1V2, Canada