Canada Summer Jobs - FT Communications Assistant (Hamilton)
Full Time Communications Assistant, Temporary Contract (10 weeks)
Resource Centre – Hamilton, ON
Closing Date for Applicants: June 13, 2021
Contract Dates: July through September 2021
All positions subject to approval by Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity creating affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness, and belonging.
Position Description: Reporting to the Communications Specialist, the Communications Assistant will provide administrative and creative support for Indwell's communications, marketing, and public relations initiatives. Gathering, organizing, and editing information will be an essential part of this role.
- Collecting stories from Indwell's programs, and curating a library of content
- Designing and editing graphics and brochures (web and print) to support Indwell's community/donor engagement initiatives
- Coordinating and scheduling social media
- Assisting in maintenance of web content
- Updating databases and media lists as required
- Other day-to-day tasks as required
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct and other operating standards and policies.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of visual design and layout, with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required and proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideal candidate will have training and/or experience in business, marketing, or communications.
- Candidate must qualify for age requirements set by Canada Summer Jobs (18-30 years old).
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 10 weeks.
Remuneration: $14.25; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To apply: Please apply online via our website www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1430 Main St E, Hamilton, ON L8K 1C3, Canada