FT Housing Support Worker (Parkdale Landing & Strathearne Suites)
Housing Support Worker – Full Time
Parkdale Landing & Strathearne Suites - Hamilton, ON
Closing date for Applications: June 20, 2021
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Position Description: The Housing Support worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team promoting housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Some flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. Participation in the on-call schedule is required.
Duties for this position include:
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating programs.
- Supporting volunteers.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Rent collection and other landlord responsibilities.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Coordinating with Facilities any work orders for building and apartment maintenance.
Skills: Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness. A knowledge of local community resources and support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and related experience.
To apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume to our website: www.indwell.ca/careers/. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada