PT Facilities Coordinator (St. Thomas)
Part-Time Facilities Coordinator
St. Thomas, Ontario
Closing date for applications: June 22, 2021
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Description: Reporting to the Southwest Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Coordinator assists in maintenance and operations of buildings across Indwell’s supportive housing portfolio. Stewarding resources to ensure high standards of quality in our infrastructure, sites and services while maintaining strong working relationships with program staff and tenants alike.
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, as scheduled. Primarily weekdays although hours can change based on program needs. Participation in the on-call schedule is required.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Respond to maintenance and repair needs throughout Indwell’s St Thomas programs - and in other Southwest Ontario programs as needed
- Document work orders, updating status and completion dates as required in Yardi (Indwell’s property management software)
- Perform repairs, upgrades and cleaning to ensure that vacated apartments are ready for new tenants as part of turnover process
- Complete monthly inspections and preventative maintenance
- Perform tasks such as painting, drywall patching, repairs to plumbing and electrical fixtures
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery of materials from suppliers
- Be aware of and follow all agency policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in property management, maintenance, or facility operations
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of tools and equipment
- Must be a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively via various means (ie. phone, email, office 365 suite)
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, and lift heavy objects (up to 25 kilograms)
- Valid “G” class driver’s license and access to vehicle recommended
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement and other operating standards and policies
Education: Relevant experience in trades, construction, or property maintenance
To apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Thomas, ON, Canada