Canada Summer Jobs - FT Community and Housing Support Worker (Parkdale Landing/Strathearne Suites)
Full Time Community and Housing Support Worker - Contract, 10 Weeks
Parkdale Landing &Strathearne Suites – Hamilton, ON
Closing Date for Applicants: June 18, 2021
Contract Dates: June through August 2021
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
Position Description: The Community and Housing Support worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team promoting housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Location: 205 Melvin Ave, 311 Strathearne Ave
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 10 weeks.
Duties for this position include:
- Directly supporting individuals with activities of daily living.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Administering medication, recording daily shift notes.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills by supporting participation in cultural, spiritual, recreations, leisure, and social activities.
- Arranging and coordinating all aspects of recreational and community activities.
- Supporting volunteers.
- Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
- Developing therapeutic relationships.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Remuneration: $17/hr; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 205 Melvin Ave, Hamilton, ON L8H 2J9, Canada
- 311 Strathearne Ave, Hamilton, ON L8H 5K8, Canada