Canada Summer Jobs - PT Community and Housing Support Worker - Simcoe
Part Time Community and Housing Support Worker, Temporary Contract (14 weeks)
Hambleton Hall/Dogwood Suites - Simcoe, ON
Closing Date for Applicants: June 18, 2021
Contract Dates: July through October 2021
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
Position Description: The Community and Housing Support worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team promoting housing stability for marginalized individuals, and supporting health, wellness and community belonging.
Location: 203 John St, Simcoe ON; 41 Norfolk St S, Simcoe ON
Hours of Work: Part time, 20 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 14 weeks.
Duties for this position include:
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Engage tenants in the active process of assessing health, wellness, and belonging.
- Support individuals with activities of daily living.
- Support tenants’ participation in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, educational, and social activities.
- Help individuals connect to community resources and supports and reinforcing tenants’ life skills and social and community skills.
- Arrange and coordinate all aspects of summer activities which may include: community activities/events, gardening, sports and recreation activities, arts and crafts, outings and trips.
- Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
- Develop therapeutic relationships, supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Rent collection and other landlord responsibilities.
- Assist with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Work alongside the Launch Supervisor to identify program needs of Dogwood Suites.
- Organize and cultivate tours for community members and prospective tenants of the new building.
- Assist with the admission and orientation of all new tenants to Dogwood Suites including intakes, tenancy agreements, welcome packages, moving timelines etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and related experience.
Remuneration: $17/hr; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Simcoe, ON, Canada