PT Housing Support Worker (London)
Part Time Housing Support Worker
London- Woodfield Gate
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Job Summary: The Housing Support Worker promotes housing stability and supports health, wellness and community belonging. They will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team supporting the treatment, rehabilitation, and care for individuals within the program.
Location: London, ON
Hours of Work: Part Time up to 20 hours a week regularly, Friday to Monday- typically shifts starting late afternoon up to 9pm and some public holidays. Having flexibility to work more hours based on programming needs. Essential to attend daytime team meeting on a Thursday once a month. Orientation will include weekday daytime hours.
Duties For This Position Include:
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to tenants.
- Supporting individuals with activities of daily living.
- Adheres to a harm reduction approach concerning substance use.
- Maintaining and protecting health records.
- Helping tenants connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing tenants’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating social and recreational programs.
- Supporting volunteers.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Rent collection and other landlord responsibilities.
- Supporting tenants to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Supporting tenants with pest prevention and management.
- Coordinating with Facilities for work orders related to apartment and building maintenance.
- Support social and recreational programming.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work on a team and independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have comfort with group facilitation, strong conflict resolution and creative problem-solving skills Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness and/or addiction. A knowledge of local community resources and support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.
Preferences: Familiarity with Landlord Tenant Board procedures and forms. Experience engaging in treatment planning processes. Working knowledge of the Ontario Common Assessment of Need. Familiarity with safe medication handling principles, ASIST and NVCI training is an asset.
Education/Experience: Post-secondary education and related experience.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants, however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 356 Dundas St, London, ON N6B 1V7, Canada