Community Programs Facilitator
Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
ISC is piloting the Gateway Project, which is a collective approach to effectively support newcomers in Calgary in a coordinated and efficient approach. Gateway simplifies a newcomer’s intake, standardizes their needs assessment, and refers newcomers to best-fit services in their community through secured Gateway technology.
Immigrant Services Calgary is seeking a Program Facilitator (37.5 hours per week) for the agency’s community programs. This position is part of a team that provides holistic and engaging programming for immigrants and convention refugees who are facing settlement and integration barriers and are at risk of social isolation. This is a temporary position ending on December 31, 2021.
- Serve clients virtually & in-person, in a positive, culturally sensitive, constructive, and supportive manner in their process of resettlement.
- Reach out to different ethnic communities to promote the programs and provide services to immigrants and refugees.
- Provide supportive counseling and timely referrals to clients, as well as accurate and updated information about community services and resources.
- Assist clients in identifying and assessing their needs, develop a personalized plan, and refer clients to appropriate programs and services.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of program activities and special events.
- Provide online/onsite supervision for clients in all community-based program activities/workshops.
- Develop and facilitate informational and community awareness workshops when required.
- Develop and facilitate life-skills, computer classes and settlement-related workshops, and information sessions relevant to immigrants and convention refugees.
- Establish partnerships and seek collaboration with key healthcare and social service agencies.
- Liaise and foster partnerships with various agencies, mainstream organizations, ethno-cultural associations, and community groups serving immigrants/refugees in Calgary.
- Maintain an updated database and accurate documentation on all outreach activities and collaborative initiatives.
- Assist Program Coordinator with the preparation of reports as per funding requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Science, Education, or related discipline.
- Experience working with adult and senior immigrants and refugees.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Office 365, internet, and social media.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and experience working with databases will be considered an asset.
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada