Gateway Planner (Part-time)
Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the primary role of the Gateway Planner is to support newcomers in their resettlement process by providing the following services: developing a personalized plan to empower the client in meeting their goals, through a standardized needs assessment, information sessions, supportive counseling, group workshops, interpretation/translation, and client outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve newcomers to Canada, virtual & in-person, in a positive, culturally sensitive, constructive, and supportive manner in their process of resettlement.
- Assist clients in identifying and assessing their needs and assets, develop a personalized plan, and refer clients to appropriate programs and services.
- Provide useful and accessible up to date information to clients.
- Support clients in overcoming barriers to settlement and accelerating the employment process.
- Follow up on client’s progress and integration in the community, and advocate for clients when required.
- Design, organize, and implement group orientations/workshops for newcomers in consultation with the Team Lead.
- Liaise with community and agencies, promote agency services, and facilitate access to services.
- Perform administrative tasks as required by ISC funders:
- Accurately enter client’s information and service recordings into the Gateway System, plus follow up contact entries into client files;
- Complete evaluations and outcome measure forms on an ongoing basis
- Keep up to date client records and statistics (daily, weekly);
- Prepare weekly statistical reports as required;
- Other special reports which may be required from time to time by the Lead;
- Orientation/workshop group activities and community outreach reports;
- Select client success stories, write and submit them on a quarterly basis; and,
- Participate in organizational planning as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Previous experience working in Financial Planning considered an asset.
- Cross cultural sensitivity – experience working across a variety of cultural groups.
- Strong knowledge of programs and community resources, employment placement field and job market for newcomers.
- Excellent English ability with exceptional skills in verbal, written, and electronic communication.
- Fluency in Tagalog would be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of software applications such as MS Office and SharePoint.
- Experience using Salesforce an asset.
- Problem solving skills and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and clerical support.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and cope with rapidly changing scenarios.
- Availability to work on evenings and weekends if required.
- Ability to work from home.
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada