Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
Immigrant Services Calgary’s Language Assessment & Referral Centre (CLARC) is looking for a casual Language Assessor to provide in-person and remote (online) Canadian Language Benchmarks-based language assessment for clients residing in Medicine Hat and the surrounding area.
At ISC we recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propel us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our clients, colleagues and stakeholders the necessary tools, information and support required to unleash full potential. We are true to our values and work hard to continue driving our economical and social development to new highs. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our team and our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the language assessment and referral services model and ensure maintenance of operating standards and protocols at the assigned assessment locations in Medicine Hat
- Administer CLB standardized tests (in-person and online) to assess the language skills of eligible clients
- Provide thorough needs assessments of clients applying for language programs
- Ensure clients are advised on all appropriate language training options that meet their needs, goals, and preferences
- Provide referrals of clients to appropriate programs through established protocols
- Enter required data into centralized data base and ensure accuracy of data input according to funders’ requirement
- Maintain client records according to approved office procedures.
- Assist with the general task work necessary to the smooth functioning of the Centre
- Post-secondary degree in linguistics, modern languages or English, or related discipline
- Successful experience in teaching ESL/LINC to adults is an asset
- Valid CLBPT/CLBA certification is an asset
- Interest in the Adult Education field
- Proficiency with online videoconferencing technology
- Available to work flexible shifts, including some evenings and weekends
- Able to work remotely (online) when required
Conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of CLBPT training and certification (to be arranged for successful candidates).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Medicine Hat, AB, Canada