Manager, Client Experience
Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
At ISC we recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propel us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our clients, colleagues and stakeholders the necessary tools, information and support required to unleash full potential. We are true to our values and work hard to continue driving our economical and social development to new highs. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our team and our community.
Position Title: Manager, Client Experience
Department: Client Experience
Reports to: Director of Service Innovation
Manager, Client Experience will lead the newly formed Client Experience department through the roll-out and on-going enhancements to the consolidated client intake process and a Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform. The Client Care team and the downtown Calgary Welcome Center are the “face” of Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC) and of Gateway, the partnership of newcomer service providers in southern Alberta. ISC is the Operator of Gateway, a publicly-funded initiative to give newcomers a single point to access to Gateway Partner Agencies that provide a wide ranging newcomer support. In addition, the Client Experience Manager will be responsible for delivery of client service training as well as advising ISC’s service delivery teams on ways to improve client experience through satisfaction measurement, and utilization of client feedback and performance metrics to improve workflows and client experience.
Client Care Team Responsibilities
The Client Care team handles all in-bound inquiries from Southern Alberta newcomers seeking services from ISC and Gateway, including digital (webform, mobile app, kiosk), telephone, and in-person client contacts. The Client Care team is responsible for helping newcomer clients and other ISC customers from initial inquiry through to connection with the required service or Subject Matter Expert. The team:
- Answers basic queries, ensures capture of prospective client data, looks-up client records;
- Listens to client needs, routes to specialized staff, and schedules new-client appointments, including childcare and interpreter supports, and emailing forms and information links;
- Monitors the Welcome Centre (main reception area) at various ISC locations and facilitates client check-in, providing information and direction
- Ensures Client Satisfaction (CSAT) follow-up survey collection.
- The Client Care team are emphathetic listeners and the first ‘face’ of ISC Gateway. They understand, in a general way, the various segments of newcomers and their initial priority needs.
Responsibilities - Client Experience Manager
- Day to day responsibilities: Oversees Client Care, manages on-site childcare and client satisfaction measurement and feedback functions; Direct reports include the Client Care Coordinator and Client Care Team
- Works in close collaboration with Partner Success, Communications and Volunteer Department to support newcomer community outreach initiatives (to attract clients to Gateway/ ISC)
- Key Performance Indicators: Responsible for KPIs related to Client Care, such as the response turnaround for webforms, call wait times, and other client-related areas of performance measurement as they relate to initial client contact, intake and booking.
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Establish close interdepartmental collaboration with the Project Manager, Unified Communications (Ring Central) and the Manager, Client Platform Operations & Development (Salesforce) and Directors, Communications & Engagement to refine client call handling, tracking and accountability throughout the organizations service delivery teams.
- Responsible to the ISC Leadership Team by bringing the ‘Voice of the Client’ into ISC and Gateway strategy and planning, including client satisfaction reporting and recommendations on process improvements
- Continuous improvement in client outreach, client intake, client supports, information sources for targeted client segments and client care processes
- Interpretation Supports: Co-create and implement a method of interpreter services for clients with the Manager, Interpretation & Translation Center (ITC) and the Senior Volunteer Coordinator.
- System Improvements: Responsible for articulating and prioritizing required systems enhancements (Salesforce, Ring Central, Boost Lingo to improve performance results and deliver client-centric and timely service.
- Newcomer Outreach: Key supporting member of an interdepartmental team to develop, execute and refine the Newcomer Community Outreach strategy;
- Client Experience team skills and capabilities: On-going development and modeling excellence in client-centric thinking for the ISC organization.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience supervising front-line staff in a customer service environment
- Experience in customer service in a personal/ residential/education/ medical services environment required is highly valued; Human/ social services experience is also an asset
- Practical experience developing customer-facing processes, workflows and policies in a continuous improvement environment
- Training and experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Understanding of the newcomer journey and integrating in Canada, including language barriers and experience working with vulnerable people is a distinct asset
- Experience with customer feedback and surveying methods and analysis an asset;
- Customer service aptitude and a client-centric perspective and with understanding how to apply of client segmentation to service development and delivery
- Approachable, high integrity, adaptable, efficient, highly responsive and can work effectively in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- Additional language capabilities a distinct asset
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada