Client Support Technician - Auxiliary (BC)
Number of Positions:6
Bi-Weekly Salary:$2,512.16 to $2,866.43
Bi-weekly Work Schedule:75 hours
Location: Regional, BC
Auxiliary Term: May 3, 2021 to Oct 29, 2021
Closing Date: this posting will remain open until all the vacancies are filled
The Client Support Technician provides first tier problem diagnosis and response to calls from a variety of clients, monitors the IMAC perform queue throughout the province and installs basic software and moves hardware, assist with ID Admin Workstation create and modify requests. This position also provides on-site and remote information systems technology assistance and resolution of routine and non-routine problems. This position may also be responsible for maintenance of the Asset Database which enables the client to monitor which assets are allocated to Client Users. This position functions in a high-volume environment with diverse and high impact problems. Detailed accountabilities are available at the end of this posting.
A. Driver’s License and regular access to vehicle
B. Experience in the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolving PC hardware and software issues, including Microsoft Windows Operating System issues.
- Providing first level customer facing phone and email support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems in a networked office environment, including a range of technology such as printers, computers, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Creating and modifying workstations in Active Directory.
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for:
- An excellent communicator able to connect with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both orally and in writing, and discuss complex and technical information at an appropriate level with the goal of providing a service.
- An individual able to deal effectively withresistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within the customer organization while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately.
- A team player willing to contribute to the team objectives by providing assistance or service to other team members and resolving issues that affect the team.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- An individual who enjoys research and investigation. It includes assessing problems and situations, referring to applicable policies and guidelines, and identifying practical and creative options to develop or recommend appropriate courses of action.
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to efficiently troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems with computers, printers, peripherals and handheld devices A customer-oriented individual committed to quality of work and service excellence
Identifies, analyzes documents, obtains details, and resolves technical and non-technical problems from clients via phone, email, and automated tickets.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to users in the operation of software and hardware, as well as operating and network systems.
- Logs calls to record details in order to provide problem determination, trend analysis, escalation, and timely resolution. Ensures that all the Ticket documentation is correctly coded pursuant to SLA requirements
- Consistently produces high quality incident and call tickets.
- Assigns appropriately to other support groups incidents that cannot be resolved during Client call to the service desk.
- Authors and reviews technical documentation for ISM knowledge base (CKM).
- Acts as a subject matter expert or focal point for specific service areas.
- Receives, reviews, and completes service requests.
- Resolves technical problems escalated from the Service Desk. Resolves the more difficult, technically challenging, or time-consuming problems or problems requiring onsite presence to fix.
- Installs and configures a variety of computer hardware and software, communications and peripheral devices.
- Works independently when required, to identify underlying technical issues and resolve problems using appropriate knowledge and resources available.
- Provides feedback to Team Lead and/or Supervisor on processes and procedures, current or potential problems with client systems and applications, and customer service issues.
- Keeps Manager and Team Lead informed of high priority issues and problems.
- Remove all packaging materials and other associated trash to designated locations within facilities.
- Update the status of the IMAC Services through to completion within IBM’s service request system
- Create and modify Workstation accounts in Active Directory
- Monitors hardware and software inventory for all of the client’s computer assets and verifying asset information via interaction with tools, front line technical staff, warehouse staff, and Customers.
- Updates and maintains records in the Asset Database from initial data capture of asset information through to asset disposal. Tracking hardware and software acquisitions, installations, replacements, upgrades, moves, transfers, and storage, disposal, theft and warranty replacements. Performs root cause analysis on discrepancies to determine actual status of assets.
- Performs inventory audits and verification reviews on customer and/or contractor sites. Participates in annual inventory processes as required.
- Must regularly lift machinery, tools, supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 kg.
Financial responsibility -Prepares quotes for projects.
Direct Supervision - No direct supervision.
Project Team Leadership or Training –No team lead / training responsibilities.
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate has to reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements.
*Note: if applicable, posted pay ranges for all positions are bi-weekly rates.
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by US and/or Canadian Embargo Export Regulations; therefore all applicants will be subject to additional security screening requirements.
ISM Canada is committed to compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA), and all other provincial and federal legislation, in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation, or are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our applicant system as a result of your disability, you can request reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Function Service Desk Services (BC)
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Auxiliary
- Job Start Date Monday, May 3, 2021
- Job End Date Friday, October 29, 2021