Sourcing - Fabric Buyer
Reporting to the Fabrics and Trims Sourcing Manager, the Fabric Sourcing Agent will be responsible for all aspects of supplier communication, stockroom coordination and database maintenance.
- Contact overseas suppliers to conduct research, source materials and take care of their on boarding, if they are new vendors
- Induce and follow-up the development of artworks as well as lab dips and approve them together with Design Team
- Create all purchase orders and ensure a follow-up for a delivery in timely manner of the chosen fabrics for the completion of the JR collection
- Insure with help of our QC/QA Department, that all products meet the JR Quality Standard as well as the JR compliance standard.
- Utilize PLM database for all artwork pictures, sources and prices
- Update PLM database with all sample requests and follow ups
- Communicate actively with all stake holders inside the company, such as Design, QC/QA, Fabric purchasing team, Production…etc.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience dealing with fabrics in the fashion industry
- Technical knowledge of fabrics is a positive asset
- Demonstrated detail orientation; high sense of organization
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multitasking environment
- Autonomous as well as team player
- Bilingual (English and French) written and spoken
- Pay Type Salary
- Aviation, 2375 rue de l'Aviation, Dorval, Quebec, Canada