The Vice-President, Finance will be responsible for the company’s worldwide planning and accounting operations including financial reporting, cost/operational analysis and review, budgeting, income, payroll and tax compliance.
The Vice-President, Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Fiduciary: In collaboration with the senior management team, assume responsibility for business performance by taking accountabilities for all financial activities, observing appropriate governing laws and ensuring compliancy in the geographies in which the company does business.
- Business Partner: Provide advice and counsel on broad operating issues by supporting decision-making, strategic planning, competitive analysis, financial planning, and other growth-related initiatives.
- Business Analysis: Develop the reporting and operational capabilities of the company and finance team leaning toward operational improvements, growth and margin protection/enhancement. Lead the business planning and forecasting process to provide management with a timely view of the financial performance (budget against actual) of the organization. Ensure that the financial planning processes are well understood and respected by operating leaders.
- Financing: Ability to understand and manage various credit agreements including reporting requirements. Experience in currency management (hedging and swaps) and treasury management
- Systems Infrastructure: Using the most appropriate information and accounting systems available, implement and maintain disciplined financial planning and control processes to accurately report performance and exercise effective management controls. This includes revenue, expenses, cost accounting, capital projects, cash flow, ROI, EBITDA, etc.
- Tax: Ensure that the business structure of all global entities is compliant and is optimized in every jurisdiction for corporate tax, indirect tax, customs and transfer pricing, including transfer pricing documentation.
- Leadership: Ensure that the company attracts, retains and develops a highly capable and skilled finance organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- The individual will be a Chartered Accountant and have a background in a relevant or adjacent industry, distribution/sales/manufacturing environment with sizeable global revenues, exposure to global compliance as well as international tax implications.
- He/she will have been part of high growth environment and have driven meaningful improvement to the business and delivered shareholder value.
- The successful candidate is a strategic thinker with strong analytical, financial and system skills. He/she has experience in leading teams and is a strong communicator who can quickly gain respect and build collaborative relationships. He/she will have knowledge and experience on how to leverage enterprise systems to deliver the right information on a timely basis, while providing additional strategic finance support to business leaders.
- The person will have been part of a senior leadership group where Finance plays a significant role in decision-making.
- It is essential that the candidate be self-directed and self-motivated – this is a hands-on and results-oriented culture.
- The Company looks for solid business judgment, pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making and strong reporting skill both verbal and written.
- Bilingual French/English is a must.
- Pay Type Salary
- Aviation, 2375 rue de l'Aviation, Dorval, Quebec, Canada