Rue Kieran, Montréal, QC H4S, Canada Req #331
Monday, June 28, 2021
Founded in 1957, Joseph Ribkoff is an iconic designer, manufacturer and distributor of fashionable women’s apparel which is designed, sewn and produced in Canada and sold to 64 international markets. They are headquartered in Montreal where 400 of their 500 employees are based. The Montreal location includes the corporate offices, production and warehouse facilities.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Corporate Controller will undertake all aspects of the consolidation, for the financial management of international subsidiaries. This will include corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The responsibilities will also include regulatory and compliance of VAT and tax submissions.
- Responsible to prepare the consolidation and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close process
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and responsible to report on time
- Manage and support international controllers and a local team
- Determine accounting treatment and financial implications of complex and exceptional transactions
- Actively participate in formal reporting to Board of Director
- Prepare and maintain control and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure the quality of the monthly and quarterly VAT submission for the international entities
- Play a key role interacting with external auditors locally and internationally, ensuring the organization has the appropriate controls
- Actively participate in corporate taxes including recording of tax entries, preparation and filing of various tax returns, tax audits
- Participate on special projects
- 5-10 years of working experience as a head of Finance or as a controller
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Proven experience with consolidation in multiple currencies and international financial transactions and intercompany transactions
- CPA degree required (with auditing experience preferred)
- Bilingual (written and verbal) a must
- Knowledge and application of European VAT regulation and customs compliance considered an asset.
- Experience with general Controllership duties listed above
- Advanced Excel skills and Microsoft D365 an asset
Joseph Ribkoff is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Rue Kieran, Montréal, QC H4S, Canada