Loader/Picker- Markham-6 Month Contract- Longevity Bonus
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
Miller Waste is currently seeking to add a Loader/Picker to our growing team. We are dedicated to providing a safe and positive workplace to all of our employees.
**Term and Task – 6 months contract with potential full-time employment**
Location: 8050 Woodbine Ave., Markham ON.
Pay Rate: $20.00 overtime past 9 hours daily
Start Time: 6am
$1,000.00 Longevity Bonus: 6-month contract!
· $200.00 per month after the 1st month after
· Must be physically fit to be successful in the position.
· Able to work Saturdays when required.
· Valid G License would an asset but not mandatory
What You’ll Do:
· The Labourer/Loader at Miller Waste Systems is responsible for various waste stream residential collections.
· This may include Yard Waste collection, Blue Box and/or Green Bin collection and Residential garbage collection.
· You will provide customers with reliable and high-quality customer service as the proper disposal of the waste streams are vital to the health and well-being of the residents of the community that you are servicing.
· You will collect various waste streams to be delivered to local Transfer stations, Compost Facilities or landfill sites in an efficient and appropriate manner.
· You will do this while adhering to the collection and delivery schedule while following all relevant policies and procedures of the Company, the MTO, Ministry of Environment as well as the by-laws of the Municipality in which you are working. Failure to adhere to safety policies and procedures may lead to property damage, injury, or loss of life.
· You will be required to deal with fellow employees, management, resident and members of the public in a polite and respectful manner at all times. All waste receptacles that are emptied into the collection vehicle must be placed back on the resident’s property, flipped upside down at the curb, in the same place that they were removed from.
· The garbage bags or cans can weigh up to 50 lbs. and need to be lifted from the ground up approximately 2 feet into the hopper.
· You will be required make in excess of 800 residential stops per day.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
· Culture that values learning opportunities
· Promotes within, advancement opportunities
· Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
· Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
· Referral bonus program
· Support community involvement and volunteering
What You Need to Succeed:
· You are highly productive and have excellent customer service
· You are a team player, with safe driving records and habits
· Polite and respectful to all you interact with
If you think this would be the perfect role for someone you may know, feel free to refer them to this job ad.
Miller Waste Systems Inc. complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and accommodations are available during the recruitment process; we will also provide suitable accommodation when required in consultation with the job applicant.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Markham, ON, Canada