OPS - DZ Front End/Rear Load Driver
MILLER WASTE SYSTEMS – BRAMPTON
Title: Front End Driver/Rear Load Driver – Bulk Collections
Location: Miller Waste Systems – Brampton
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Shift: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 5:00am start. Tuesday and Thursdays –
6:30am Start, with occasional Saturdays.
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management and diversion, providing governments and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has over
50 years’ experience in the waste management sector, and currently operates out of more than 30 locations. We are looking for a highly capable Front End/Rear Load Garbage Truck Driver to be located out of our Brampton location in Ontario.
Miller Waste Systems is looking for a Front End/Rear Load Garbage Truck Driver with 6 months of experience Front End Truck driving experience and with 2+ years of waste industry experience. A collaborative but strong nature is essential, and the applicant’s background in
parts and maintenance and the transportation industry will allow them to succeed and grow within Miller Waste.
In the position of Front End/Rear Load Driver, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Safe operation of a Front End and Rear Load Garbage Truck
- Must have excellent knowledge of and be familiar with Peel Region
- Ensure Customers are serviced as per their contractual requirements and schedules
- Ensure timely collections of multi-residential and bulk waste items.
- Physical ability to safely push and pull various sizes and weights of containers in and out of enclosures and rooms. Unlocking and locking of containers and enclosures/rooms.
- Demonstrate excellent customer services
- Meet or exceed performance expectations through proven results
- Comply with all Miller Waste System and Provincial health and safety policies and procedures
The successful applicant will be comfortable with prioritization, planning, coordination, and organization, with an ability to respond and adapt in changing, high pressure environments. This individual will be able to assess problem situations, recognize issues, and use judgment to create solutions that meet required standards. Successful candidates will have a
- DZ License
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have the physical ability to lift up to 50+lbs multiple times a day loading waste items 2 feet from the ground into the back of the truck.
- Flexibility with your work schedule is necessary as start and end times may vary.
- Effective written and verbal communication is mandatory
- Excellent attendance and performance record
- Minimum 6 months Front End experience required
- Occasional Saturday and Statutory Holidays may be required at times.
Flexibility is also required as this position occasionally requires travel, early starts, late finishes and, on rare occasions, weekend work.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Job Start Date Monday, September 13, 2021
- Brampton, ON, Canada