DZ Driver/Loader PICKERING
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
Miller Waste is currently seeking to add safe and talented DZ Drivers to our growing team. We are dedicated to providing a safe and positive workplace to all of our employees.
New Drivers are welcome to apply!
Location:1220 Squires Beach Road Pickering, ON L1W 3Z5
Pay Rate: $22.89 per hour - overtime after 9 hours, daily
Start Time: 6:00am
What we offer:
·Competitive Pay – Above Industry Average
·Permanent Year-Round work, Weekly incentives and Clothing
·Full Benefits - Includes Drug, Dental and Paramedical Services
·Company Pension Plan
·Annual Boot Allowance
·Tuition Refund Program
·Perkopolis - Employees can receive discounts across a broad range of industries, businesses and services Tia Health Care Program – Free virtual medical support during COVID. Employees and their family member can get medical advice and receive prescriptions without having to leave their home.
Valid DZ license Clean drivers abstract and CVOR
Must be physically fit to be successful in the position.
Able to work Saturdays when required.
What You’ll Do:
· Collect and transport various waste streams to local Transfer stations, Compost Facilities or landfill sites in an efficient and appropriate manner
· Adhere to the collection and delivery schedule while following all relevant policies and procedures of the Company, the MTO, Ministry of Environment as well as the by-laws of the Municipality in which you are working.
· Waste receptacles that are emptied into the collection vehicle must be placed back on the resident’s property, flipped upside down at the curb, in the same place that they were removed from.
· Garbage bags or cans can weigh up to 50 lbs. and need to be lifted from the ground up approximately 2 feet into the hopper
· You will be required to make in excess of 800 residential stops per day.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
Culture that values learning opportunities
· Promotes within, advancement opportunities
· Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
· Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
· Referral bonus program
· Support community involvement and volunteering
We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!
What You Need to Succeed:
· You are highly productive and have excellent customer service
· You are a team player, with safe driving records and habits
· Polite and respectful to all you interact with
Miller Waste is an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive pay, benefits and opportunity for advancement
If you think this would be the perfect role for someone you may know, feel free to refer them to this job ad.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.89
- Regional Municipality of Durham, ON, Canada