Traffic / Bin Spotter – Elgin Mills Community Environmental Centre
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
Location: 1124 Elgin Mills Road East, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 1M7
Hours: Wednesday to Saturday (8:15am to 3:45pm) and Sundays (8:15am to 3:45pm)
In the position of Traffic/Bin Spotter, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Complete understanding of the required Hand Signals for spotting vehicles.
- Spotting all required vehicles to the recycle bins or transfer as required.
- Inspect and remove obvious contamination from loads.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is worn
- Providing exceptional customer service
- General housekeeping duties, yard clean up, Punctual with good attendance
- Ensure you aware of and always work within MWS’s safety guidelines
- Seasonal property maintenance (i.e. snow shovelling, sweeping, litter cleanup)
- Assisting customers with directions, questions, and unloading of material
- You will perform visual inspections of loads for contamination purposes as well as direct traffic to proper drop off locations.
- Comply with ISO procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and all Health and Safety Regulations and Policies
- Inspecting the workplace for hazardous and/or potentially hazardous conditions
- Liaise with other supervisors, drivers, contractors and Regional staff in a professional and team-oriented manner
- You will be required to fill in for any vacations or sick calls, while providing continuous supervision in all other called upon responsibilities
- Highly developed organizational and team building skills
- Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost effectively and in a timely manner
- Ensure that the entire outside grounds and the facility inside are clean and organized at all times
- Assist other positions as required
Preference will be given to individuals who have:
- Successful candidates will have a good understanding of hand and spotting signals.
- In this position you will be required to stand for long periods of time and be exposed to the different weather elements.
- You must be a team player and function safely around heavy equipment.
- General safe working habits are a must.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- You may be required to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays so your own transportation is an asset.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
- Competitive Pay - Above Industry Average
- Paid vacation / Pension
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Referral bonus program
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- Pay Type Hourly
- Richmond Hill, ON, Canada