Process Sorter – Whitby MRF
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
Location: London MRF – 4590 Garrard Road Whitby, Ontario L1R 3K8
Start Time: 7:00am
**Our location is not accessible by public transit, must have access to own vehicle**
In the position of Process Sorter your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Process and sort recyclables from the various sort lines throughout the facility.
- Inspect and remove contamination from your designated sorting area(s).
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Ensure you aware of and always work within MWS’s safety guidelines.
- Read, understand and sign off on all MWS’s Policies and Procedures.
- You must be a team player
- Have proven safe working habits
- Must be punctual with an excellent attendance record
- Be comfortable to perform repetitive movements and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be available to work late, holidays and weekends, as needed
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
- Competitive Pay - Above Industry Average
- Paid vacation / Pension
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Referral bonus program
- Support community involvement and volunteering