Blending Operator T1
Do you enjoy creating mixtures and following recipes with a detailed eye for quality? Want to learn how your skills can help improve people's health while respecting the resources of our planet? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Blending Operator for our Kelowna location! In this role you will be producing the high quality blends that are used to create our softgel products. If this kind of work gets you excited, we would love to hear from you.
We are a growing BC business and one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of nutritional supplements, dedicated to enhancing the wellbeing of our customers.
In this role you will:
- Weigh and measure raw ingredients, combine ingredients, and heat ingredients to produce quality liquid medicine and gel capsule material
- Take samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications
- Monitor the blends and perform checks, making adjustments as necessary
- Perform troubleshooting during production
- Perform general maintenance of machinery
- Work a rotating shift of 6:00 PM - 6:10 AM Sunday-Tuesday one week and Sunday-Wednesday the next week
- Mechanical experience safely operating and setting up machines
- The ability to demonstrate safely working in a physically demanding environment where lifting up to 50lbs is a common occurrence
- A cooperative, positive and willing attitude all while keeping good communication and behavior with co-workers and management
- A keen focus on the little things and an understanding of the importance of attention to detail. You understand that no one thing can be overlooked, and there is no such thing as sacrificing quality.
- The ability to work well on your own or co-operatively based off the needs of the business.
You want to:
- Challenge yourself by working in a fast-paced physically demanding work environment.
- Work for a company that cares about its staff and has a meaningful mission to improve the lives and well-being of its customers.
- Be part of a company that is rapidly growing and where you can grow within the company.
- Work in a facility where safety and cleanliness are highly regarded and a regulated work environment working to procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- A competitive salary and the opportunity to grow
- Great benefits, including company matched RRSP, healthcare, health and personal spending accounts, wellness days, employee appreciation events and $50 per quarter to spend on company products in addition to employee discount pricing
- The opportunity to work with great people, the ability to influence and lead change within a company dedicated to continuous improvement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kelowna Main Facility, 8955 Jim Bailey Crescent, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada