Executive Assistant to the National Director of Connecting Streams
Ottawa, ON, Canada ● Virtual Req #177
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Title: Executive Assistant to the National Director of Connecting Streams
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Virtual (Preferably on Eastern Time Zone)
Reports to: National Director of CS
Position type: Part Time Permanent (20 hours a week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
The Executive team at Connecting Streams works hard to oversee the operations and vision of the ministry. Each member of the team supervises and oversees their own teams. The National Director is a key part of this team as they vision case, problem solve, budget, and pray for the whole ministry.
About the Role:
The Executive Assistant will assist the National Director to organize, maintain, and improve communication and administrative systems within the ministry of Connecting Streams (CS). They will also assist members of the CS Executive Team as needed.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
Executive Support (60%)
- Director’s inbox, calendar, travel needs, meeting agendas, and reports are managed and organized
- CS Executive Team and Director are supported in other administrative areas as needed including but not limited to data management, taking meeting minutes, arranging speaking engagements, and coordinating executive lunches and other events
- Serve as a member of the Executive Team to develop and implement a strategic plan and achieve objectives
- Prayer habits for the team are intentional and regular
- All confidential informations are handled appropriately and sensitively
Systems & Operations (25%)
- Ability to identify operational gaps and suggestions for improvements are implemented with the input of the director and staff
- New processes/systems are devised as needed for efficiency, cohesion, and multiplication.
- The following applications and processes are managed well and continuously improved:
- Google Drive, donors database, ministry strategies, and staff onboarding & exiting
- Reimbursements, transfer requests & invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Monthly credit card reconciliation are completed in a timely and accurate way
- Donor communication are up to date and well maintained such as newsletter, invites, thank yous, reports, etc.
- CS staff communications for promoting unity and national encouragement such as communications with P2C staff, newsletters, staff reviews, Annual Statements, etc. are crafted and distributed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in providing executive administrative support (senior leaders an asset)
- Ministry support experience (an asset)
- You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have great interpersonal skills
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have competent knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite products, proficient in Excel or Google sheets
- You are technologically savvy, familiar with many online platforms such as ZOOM, Mailchimp and powerpoint presentation creation.
- You have strong administrative skills, highly organized and a good steward of time
- You are a self-started, self-motivated, enjoys being a team builder and able to work independently
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- You have the language and ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian organizations
What We Offer Our Staff:
- Remote work flexibility
- Paid vacation and wellness days
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our P2C Store
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada