Marketing Coordinator - GAiN
Langley City, BC, Canada Req #185
Monday, April 26, 2021
Title: Marketing Coordinator
Ministry: Global Aid Network (GAiN) Canada
Location: Langley BC, National Headquarters
(Abbotsford for future P2C Headquarters)
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Position type: Full time, Salaried ( 40 hours/ week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
Global Aid Network Canada (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization dedicated to relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope to people living in the some of the toughest places on earth.
Restoring Lives: GAiN’s passion is to ease the challenging living situations that people experience in everyday life in developing countries by providing them with the tools and resources they require.
Revealing Hope: GAiN aspires to not only bring tangible humanitarian aid to people living in difficult situations, but to also see them come to faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others. Employing a discipleship and church planting strategy in tandem following the gift of clean water, critical aid and sustainable development, GAiN seeks to embrace people with the love of God, to let them know they are of value and significance, and to restore their dignity.
About the Role:
The Marketing Coordinator will have a heart for compassionate activity and humanitarian work. This role will add capacity to GAiN’s marketing and communications by working on various projects and tasks necessary to fulfill organizational goals and objectives.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
• Marketing materials are printed and maintained with current information and photos• Promotional materials are prepared by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipts and coordinating requirements with others in Donor Advancement• Donor Fulfillment Administrator is supported by updating simple Indesign templates• Aspects of key foundational processes (eg. thank you process, referral marketing, lapsed donor process, legacy giving, etc.) for Marketing and Communications / Donor Advancement Team is coordinated• Basic materials for print and digital collateral are designed• Library and content on third party sites (GAiN Worldwide storage center, Ending Poverty site, Mission trip sites, etc. are updated and managed• Market research and competitive analysis are updated and current• Other tasks as necessary within the Marketing and Communications / Donor Advancement team
Relationship Manager Support (20%):
• Relationship Managers (RMs) and Church Partnerships Director (CPD) are supported with necessary marketing and communication assets such as church presentations / church materials / toolbox, new stories, etc.
Social Media (30%):
• Content for GAiN’s social media is created• Social media guidelines are monitored among staff while in the field or on GAiN projects• Social listening are exercised by monitoring user posts and messages• Simple video marketing assets for social media are created through the use of online platforms / templates• Live features use on Facebook, Insta stories & Youtube, are increased• Be part of editorial team
Event Support (10%):
• Logistics and set-up support is given leading up to and during events (i.e. fundraising events, conferences, tradeshows, etc.)• RSVPs are managed and attendee information captured and recorded in the CRM• Support for webinars are coordinated• Inventory of event pieces (such as banners and branded items) are accounted for and missing items are ordered appropriately
Website Content Management for GAiN (5%):
• Online donor pages are created and updated appropriately for well thank you videos
• You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ• You are able to maintain confidentiality• You have excellent organizational skills, with the ability to monitor and track goals, details, data and activities• You have the ability to prioritize effectively, manage time and multiple tasks• You communicate effectively: able to speak, listen and write in clear, concise terms• You are able to think critically and problem solve• You are proficient with all Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite• You have knowledge of marketing and communications best practices and execution of tasks• You have experience with social media marketing and platforms• You have direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite)• You have above average customer service skills and an even temperament• You foster teamwork to enhance organizational effectiveness• You have strong listening skills• You are able to takes accurate notes and capture important information• You pay attention to details under time constraints• You are confident and self-assured with a ‘can-do’ attitude• You have an understanding of the donor (aka client/customer) journey (an asset)• You have basic knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop (an asset)
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years administrative education/experience, non-profit experience is preferred• 1-2 years of marketing and social media experience
What We Offer Our Staff
• Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (if 25+ hours a week)• Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment• Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP) (if 25+ hours a week)• Paid vacation• Mentorship opportunities• Weekly Chapel services• Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation• Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Langley City, BC, Canada