Fundraising and Relationship Manager - GAiN
Langley, BC, Canada Req #190
Monday, June 28, 2021
Title: Fundraising and Relationship Manager
Ministry: Global Aid Network (GAiN)
Location: Langley BC, National Headquarters (Abbotsford in the future)
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Position type: Permanent, 40 hours week
Global Aid Network Canada (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization dedicated to relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope to people living in some of the toughest places on earth.
Restoring Lives: GAiN’s passion is to ease the challenging living situations that people experience in everyday life in developing countries by providing them with the tools and resources they require.
Revealing Hope: GAiN aspires to not only bring tangible humanitarian aid to people living in difficult situations, but to also see them come to faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others. Employing a discipleship and church planting strategy in tandem following the gift of clean water, critical aid and sustainable development, GAiN seeks to embrace people with the love of God, to let them know they are of value and significance, and to restore their dignity.
GAiN Canada is the humanitarian partner of Power to Change (P2C). Power to Change helps people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
About the Role
Reporting to GAiN’s Director of Marketing and Communications who also oversees the Donor Advancement Team, the Relationship Manager helps GAiN realize it’s financial and donor relationship goals through the execution of donor engagement practices and achieving fund development priorities. The primary ways he/she will achieve these goals are by conducting face-to-face relationship fundraising and maintaining a personal donor caseload. This development position focuses on high net worth donors (i.e. major donors & foundations) who give in excess of $10,000+ annually. The current focus is on maintaining relationships with existing major donors while acquiring new donors.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
A. Relationship Management (70%)
• Maintain an active portfolio of donors (major donors, foundations, corporations and churches). Apply a donor-centric Relationship Manager model and responsible for the full scope of activities related to building relationships with current and prospective donors and connecting them to ministry initiatives to maintaining the donor’s involvement, interest and support.• Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective major donors, through letters, proposals, telephone contact and personal meetings and other forms of donor engagement i.e. events, social media etc.• Strengthen relationships with existing GAiN donors by regularly engaging, asking, thanking, and reporting.• Adding value to the lives of donors through encouragement, challenge, discipleship and prayer.• Position and write proposals to maximize successful closure.• Present and coordinate planned giving (stewardship) services and programs offered to GAiN donors.• Work with Donor Fulfillment Administrator to ensure donors receive appropriate reports and relevant info.• Work with Power to Change VP of Development on foundation reporting and foundation grant requests
B. CRM Management Responsibilities (15%):
• Maintain quarterly revenue & opportunity forecasts by core strategy.• Ensure donor database integrity and foundational processes are maintained within the CRM in coordination with GAiN’s Donor Advancement Team and P2C Partner Care.• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all proposal submissions in relevant databases and filing systems• Create and maintain major donor proposal management and reporting fulfillment processes, including required support systems.
C. Special Events, Leader Visits & International Trips (15%)
• Help manage and execute the annual plans for various leader visits and major donor vision trips in collaboration with the core strategy project manager(s) and GAiN’s Donor Advancement team.• Represent GAiN at industry trade shows and special events.
• You have a deep and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ• You have a Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent related field.• You possess 3-5 year’s experience in development with an emphasis on major gift donations within a non-profit organization.• You have a successful career raising over $500,000 per year from a portfolio of donors; comparable experience in corporate sales will be considered.• You have experience working closely with foundations and high net worth individuals.• You have experience writing major donor and foundation proposals.• You are able to articulate effectively, credibly and passionately about the mission and story of an organization.• You possess strong skills in prioritization and time management, as well as the ability to work on several projects simultaneously• You have the ability to build rapport with different generations of donors from a variety of denominational backgrounds resulting in new revenue.• You have the willingness to work flexible hours as required. Some evenings, weekends and travel will be necessary.• You have a well-established Christian network (an asset).
Required Skills and Abilities
• You have a minimum of 3-5 years working in a Relief and Development Ministry or other related ministry/industry experience.• You have experience working in a cross-cultural development setting.• You are experienced in relating skillfully and sensitively to the various Christian traditions and their communities and churches.• You show keen interest in and knowledge of the advancement of international humanitarian engagement.• You have or are working towards CFRE designation (or equivalent).• You are fluent in both English and French (an asset).
What We Offer:
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly.• Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+ hours)• Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment• Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)• Paid vacation• Mentorship opportunities• Access to paid Birkman Signature Assessment• Weekly Chapel services• Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation• Discounts at our P2C Store
Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Langley, BC, Canada