Human Resources Generalist
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We are looking for an energetic, organized, detail and customer orientated HR Generalist to join our HR team. This is an opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic go-getter to gain valuable experience in a fast-growing high-tech environment. This is also an opportunity to work on a variety of HR matters, administer our HRIS, work on Training & Development, and onboarding new hires for Synaptive.
This role reports to the Director of Human Resources and requires the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with a lot of autonomy.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain Ceridian Dayforce back-end including set-up of new hires, training new hires on use of Dayforce, and roll-out new modules/updates as required.
- Assist with new-hire orientation, and send out new hire introduction emails
- Manage Synaptive’s Performance Management cycle
- Initiate employee Onboarding/offboarding and conduct exit interviews, administer background checks and collect and file documents from new hires
- Respond to HR policy questions via email, telephone or in person in a timely accurate fashion
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, benefit claim issues, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability
- Conducts Job Evaluations
- Conducts market benchmarking
- Maintains job descriptions
- Identify and conduct statistical analyses on benchmark jobs using market compensation surveys to compute datasets for pay policy lines (determine market position vs. Synaptive).
- Evaluate and recommend updates to pay programs and implementation of metrics, such as market index, pay zones, compa-ratio and salary range penetration.
- Evaluate and recommend updates to benefits program and other programs related to employees’ total compensation
- HR administration and other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ of direct experience in an HR Generalist role
- Must have at least two years of Dayforce HCM experience (or a similar HRIS)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong administrative skills and experience
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources
- Previous HR administrative experience
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Inherent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No