Account Manager, Pulp and paper
Position : Account Manager, Pulp and paper
Location : Quebec, Ontario, Maritimes or Northeastern USA
Status: full-time, permanent (1)
Are you known for your initiative, creative ideas and strategies to develop your business? Do your clients describe you as confident and adaptable, able to deal with complex situations quickly? Are you recognized in the pulp and paper industry and have an established network of relationships at the mill and corporate levels? Seize this opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of a great company!
We are currently seeking an energetic and motivated sales professional to fill the position of Account Manager for our Pulp and Paper industry. We are looking for a candidate who will bring professional sales experience to this position to maintain a territory with a focus on developing relationships with existing customers and prospecting for new customers. As the territory is quite large, we are looking for someone who will be located either in Quebec, Ontario, Maritimes or the Northeastern United States.
Do you like to travel and meet clients face to face? This person will have a territory located in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern United States. We are looking for someone with business to business experience in the pulp and paper market for chemical applications.
Quadra Chemicals is one of the largest distributors of chemicals and ingredients in the Canadian market. We have facilities across Canada. If you are committed to excellence, you belong at Quadra. Our employees are professional and passionate about our business. In return, Quadra offers a challenging work environment and the opportunity for personal growth with recognition for outstanding performance. Our employees work in a high-performance environment where we strive to be the best in our industry. Quadra's competitive advantage is our people. By pursuing and fostering excellence, we ensure our stakeholders receive superior product quality, customer service and value.
- Increase sales to new and/or existing customers by offering Quadra's superior product line during routine visits
- Develop customer accounts by proactively collecting and studying information (prospecting)
- Ensuring excellent customer relationships in line with Quadra's core values and strategic vision
- Participate in enhancing the customer experience related to major accounts by suggesting adapted solutions by identifying key decision-makers and their needs.
- Meet or exceed annual sales and margin targets while participating in financial forecasting exercises
- Securing new business opportunities, maintaining current sales, negotiating new contracts or negotiating renewals of existing contracts
- Ensuring that documentation and reports are complete, accurate and submitted to other departments within the established deadlines
- Collaborate with the sales team during customer calls (product managers, marketing, cross-selling)
- Contribute to and participate in industry events
- Participate in troubleshooting and process optimization opportunities at the customer's site during the development, follow-up and closing of sales opportunities
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma (ideally in business, commerce or science)
- Experience in the pulp and paper market with knowledge of the manufacturing sector
- At least 5 years experience in business development and prospecting
- Bilingualism in written and spoken French / English is considered an asset
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time in Canada and the United States, including travel of more than one day
- Possess a high degree of organization and planning
- Excellent computer skills and experience with a CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- Ability to be self-motivated, demonstrate autonomy and initiative, learn new technologies and adapt to new situations
- Possess a valid driver's license and a valid passport
In addition to being certified as one of the "Best Managed Companies", "Great Place to Work" and "Great Place to Work for Women", Quadra has just received another great recognition. We have been recognized as one of the "Great Place to Work for Mental Wellness"!
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Maine, USA
- New Brunswick, Canada
- New York, NY, USA
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ontario, Canada
- Quebec, Canada
- Vermont, USA